Friday, February 8, 2013

DIY Makeup & Beauty Product Storage Ideas!



I'm such a sucker for great organization, especially when it comes to my makeup and beauty products! 
But let's face it, sometimes it can get pretty expensive to buy all those containers and organizers, especially when you have a lot of products to sort through! In this post, I'm going to be showing you all some simple and cute ways that you can organize your makeup, using items you probably already have laying around your house!



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket


My vanity has one wide drawer that's pretty roomy, except for the fact that it's very shallow. Being that they are so shallow, it's really difficult to find organizing containers that will fit inside of them. That's where this little trick comes in handy! These lids are the perfect size for my shallow drawers! You can use lids that are as big or small as you'd like! Since I don't keep many products in my vanity drawers (I use other forms of storage that sits on top of my vanity), these small lids make it easy to hold products I use regularly so that they're more easily accessible. In the photos, I put my most used MAC blushes in one and my most used lipsticks in another!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Using a pencil case, especially one that's metal, is a great alternative to a MAC palette or Z palette. It can get expensive to keep buying palettes as you accumulate more makeup, so this is a great cheap alternative! I always do this whenever I run out of room in a palette and still have some leftover pans sitting around, that way they're in a safe, but still easy to grab place!

Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


I used to keep all of my beauty products in drawers, but I hated that! I'd have to rumble through them every time I needed to find something, which was time consuming and annoying. Products would also spill all over the place from being tossed around and from laying upside down.
I fixed this issue by saving the empty cardboard packages that I get when I order makeup and other product online (this black one is from MAC Cosmetics). All you do is simply cut off the lid at the fold and voila`! I keep all of my boyfriend and I's everyday products. This one in particular houses body lotions, body sprays, deodorant, facial moisturizer, acne spot treatment, extra toothpaste, witch hazel toner, foot creme, and spot brush cleanser (I use isopropyl alcohol). I have a small shelf that stands on my desk and I set each package on a shelf. I also use this storage idea to store nail polishes as well!

Photobucket


I hope you all enjoyed this little DIY post! Let me know if you'd like more in the future! Also, if you use any of these ideas, don't forget to snap a photo and tag me in it on Twitter or Instagram!
Twitter : @misskailanmarie    Instagram: kailanmarie


Photobucket
Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...