Friday, November 16, 2012

Loreal Color Caresse Lipstick in Violet Chiffon (My Favorite Fall Lip Color!)

So lately I stubbled upon a fairly new line of lipsticks and have completely fallen in LOVE! I'm talking about the Loreal Color Caresse Lipsticks! At least I think they're lipsticks... they're actually more of a Revlon Lip Butter type of deal where they have the feel of a balm and the pigmentation of a lipstick. I only have two so far, one of which I'm reviewing for you all today, but I cannot wait to repurchase more! I want the entire collection! Today I'm going to be reviewing one that has become my favorite lip color for the fall: Violet Chiffon.



Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket
According to the Loreal Paris website, "Ready to shine bright? Our #1 best selling lipstick is now available in 16 gorgeously glossy shades. Color Caresse by Color Riche is formulated with our revolutionary Lightfeel system to deliver a feather-light finish without being sticky or heavy. 100% color, 0% compromise."




Photobucket
The packaging of the Color Caresse lipsticks is to die for! It's so glamourous and looks like a high end lipstick! I love the square design and the fact that you can see the lipstick shade on the exterior as well.
It is in a twist-up tube like most lipsticks, but is thinner than most. It is also very secure when closed!



Photobucket
The formula of this is like I mentioned before, very similar to a Revlon Lip Butter. The texture is smooth, creamy, and has a lot of slip to it. I'd definitely say they were very moisturizing (I don't have to apply a chapstick beforehand) and not sticky at all either! Unfortunately, it doesn't have the best staying power. I find that within an hour, the glossiness of it goes away and you're left with a light stain of the shade, even with the lighter shade. I like that it leaves behind a stain because then you don't have to reapply. Violet Chiffon leaves behind the most beautiful berry stain after it has faded away, so the fact that the initial finish isn't long lasting doesn't bother me at all!

To get them to last longer and leave behind a darker stain, I apply the lipstick as usual, then blot off. This leaves behind a stain already and then I proceed and apply another layer of the lipstick. When it wears off naturally throughout the day, the stain will come out closer to the actual lipstick now!

The pigmentation of these is incredible. I've tried two of the lipsticks from this range, one dark (the one I'm reviewing now) and a nude one, both are incredibly pigmented and to be honest, I was shocked! Because these are so moisturizing, it gives a sheer layer of color, so I wasn't expecting to have the intense color pay off that it did! The pigmentation is what truly won these over for me.


Photobucket

The average price of a drugstore lipstick is usually between $5-7, this fall just a tad above that retailing for about $8-9. Considering the quality of these lipsticks, I think it's worth every penny!
I found mine at Target, but they should be available at any drugstore!



Photobucket
Wearing Loreal Color Caresse in Violet Chiffon 
(note: it comes off as pink in the photo, but is more purple in real life-my lighting was horrible! For a more accurate swatch-visit this blog post by Beauty Fashion Fitness!)


Photobucket

Stain left behind after Violet Chiffon wears off


Photobucket























Swatch of Violet Chiffon




Photobucket

I'm absolutely in love with the Loreal Color Caresse Lipsticks! They are creamy, moisturizing, have amazing pigmentation, and though they don't last long, they leave behind a nice stain! I've been using them like crazy lately and I can't wait to buy more! I've got my eyes on so many more shades! This is definitely a lipstick I would recommend to all of you guys! They have a huge shade range, so there's definitely a shade that would work for everyone! If you'd like to check out some more photos of this lipstick in particular as well as some other lipsticks in this collection, definitely check this review from one of my favorite bloggers, here! (linked above as well for better swatch of the lipstick).




Photobucket



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...