Friday, July 13, 2012

June Empties

This is the first time I've done an 'Empties' post before. I love seeing products that people have finished up because it shows you different products they've used up, that they may not have liked or not have ended up being in a favorites post/video. So with that being said, I finished up quite a few products over the month of June. I'll just be sharing what I thought about the product and also whether or not I'll be repurchasing them!


Photobucket


Simple Moisturizing Gel Facial Wash: I was so excited to try this cleanser. I like that it's directed towards sensitive skin and that it legit only had 5 ingredients in it. I thought because it wasn't harsh and was for sensitive skin that it was going to work great for my acne prone skin and be this miracle skin product, because sensitive skin products actually clear up my skin more than products that contain salicylic acid. Unfortuntely, I was wrong. Not sure if it was this product in particular, but the entire time I used it I broke out like I was in high school again and never had a clear face for more than a day. Once I finished this and stopped using it, my skin immediately cleared up. Again, not sure if it's because I stopped using this or was because of the new cleanser I was using. I also hate the packaging. There's nothing to stop the product from spilling out. And since it's a product that requires being set down with the dispenser on the bottom, I'd open it to a cap full of product, which is extremely wasteful. I will not be repurchasing.


Suave Dry Shampoo: This is the first dry shampoo I've ever tried. I got it because it was so inexpensive (under $3). I don't wash my hair everyday because it helps my hair grow faster and also because with my hair being so long, it's a hassle. So how I ever lived before dry shampoo is beyond me. I love this stuff. It sucks up the oil in my hair and makes it feels like it was freshly washed. I love the smell too; It smells exactly like grapefruit! This works so well for me and is so cheap that I doubt I'll branch out and try different dry shampoos, but I do plan on trying the Sauve Keratin Dry Shampoo, which is only a dollar more. I have repurchased this already after finishing it this past month. Next time I run out, I'll be trying the Keratin version.

Garnier Fructis Full Control Anti-Humidity Hair Spray: This is my favorite hairspray ever. What I look for in a hairspray is for it to hold my tease for a long period of time and to not make my hair crunchy, since I use hairspray as a finishing spray as well. This hairspray definitely does both of those things for me. I love the smell too. I've repurchased this too many times to count and will continue to do so. I also have repurchased this already since running out. I usually get Ultra Strong Hold (Number 4), but I got Extreme Hold (number 5) when I repurchased and it works great as well.

Bath and Body Works Be Enchanted Shower Gel: If you guys didn't know, I used to work at Bath and Body Works. This past Halloween, they released a new scent called Be Enchanted. I fell in love with it! It's my second favorite scent that they carry behind Paris Amour. Paris Amour is more feminine and floral, whereas Be Enchanted is more on the fruity side, being described as frosted pomegranate. I would definitely repurchase this as well as any other products in this scent because I absolutely love it. This shower gel in particular, as well as all other scents from BBW are great quality. They lather up incredibly well. I notice that I use less of this than my regular Olay Body Wash and still get a better lather. When I used this, I would apply the Be Enchanted Body Lotion after my shower so that the scent was stronger and lasted longer.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in Light: Favorite concealer! It covers so well, while still being so lightweight, which to me, is all I can ask for in an undereye concealer. I do however, hate the packaging. I can't stand it, actually. At first it was fine, but now it's really bugging me. It's so unsanitary and if you use to much pressure, after awhile the sponge time will rip. I also feel like it forces me to use too much pressure under my eye. I love it and I will continue to repurchase (I had a backup already waiting for me), but I wish they would change the packaging. I think they used to sell this stuff in a squeeze tube previously, so I doubt Maybelline is planning to change the packaging of their Age Rewind line anytime soon. Let's start a petition, shall we?

MAC Lipstick in Honeylove: Honeylove is one of my favorite nude lipsticks. It's not a light nude, which is what I like about it. I feel like nude lipsticks can sometimes be too light and wash you out, but this lipstick will never do that. Because it's a darker nude, it suits tan and darker skin tones. If you're looking for a nude, but don't want to get one as light as Myth or Creme D'Nude, then Honeylove is perfect. My skintone isn't too tan normally, so I prefer lighter nudes, but on days when I can't decide what to wear on my lips, I just go to this because it matches everything. Though it's not one at the top of my list for lipsticks I want to purchase, I will be repurchasing.

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly: Painterly Paint Pot is a holy grail product for me. I've been using it for years and I cannot live without it. It works amazingly as an eyeshadow base, but the reason I prefer this over something like Urban Decay Primer Potion (tried, used up, never repurchased, probably never will) is because it's a tinted product. It matches my skin perfectly and gives my eyelid a black canvas to work on, which is great because being Italian, I have a lot of dark pigmentation under my eyes as well as on my lids. I also have some veins to cover as well. I will always repurchase this.


Have you tried any of these products? 
What products have you finished this month?


Don't forget to enter my current giveaway to win a $20 Gift Card to Apothica or SkincareRX! Click HERE for details!


Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...