Thursday, April 12, 2012

Favorite Mascara Combo + Mascara Tip!

Ever since I started with makeup, I've always layered two mascaras. I CRAVE thick, full, voluminous lashes that stand out. Mascaras can all have different functions, whether it be to lengthen, thicken, add volume, or add separation. Me? I want my lashes to do all those things at once. Unfortunately, with one mascara, that's too much to ask. In my experience, it's hard to find the "perfect" mascara that does all the things you want it to do, so that is why layering mascaras is great trick!

With that being said, I have gone through my fair share of mascara combos.
Sephora Triple Action and Loreal Carbon Black Voluminous.
Covergirl Lash Perfection and Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes.
MAC Dazzlash and Loreal Voluminous.
Just to name a few...

There's no method to my madness, I simply just use what I have and hope for the best. Not too long ago, I went through a mascara kick. I didn't go crazy, but I did purchase a handful of new mascaras to try out. I ended up really liking two of the ones I purchased and those two have become my new favorite mascara combo! I love the results I've been getting from putting these two bad boys together and while I'll probably never stop trying out new mascaras, I know for sure I'll be falling back on these ones from now on!
The mascaras I'm talking about are: Revlon PhotoReady 3D Volume and Loreal Telescopic!
*I have reviews for each one, which you can find by clicking their name, above.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Now you're probably thinking, "Uh, Kailan... That's THREE mascaras.."
Well there's a reason for this. While I have been using the two mascaras I mentioned above in conjunction, I've been adding in a third as well, Maybelline XXL Pro Extensions Mascara. I know, I know, it seems a tad bit excessive, but here's a couple reasons why and how I justify this..
-I hate this particular mascara alone, so I pretty much just want to get rid of it, so I'm trying to use it up. By using it as an extra mascara at the end, i'm using it, but I'm still getting the lashes I want by using the other two.
-It's waterproof and I HATE waterproof mascara!
-It doesn't add much of a difference, just a little more thickness. Which can't hurt, right?
-It only takes two seconds to add a coat at the end.

I feel a little funny saying I have a "mascara routine", but by using three mascaras, it has pretty much fallen into that category. So here's how this goes:
1. I apply two coats of Revlon PhotoReady 3D Volume. This separates my lashes like none other and also adds a nice curl and volume. I also apply this to my lower lashes.
2. I add 1-2 coats of Loreal Telescopic Mascara, depending on how it looks. This adds the length.
3. I add barely 1 coat of the Maybelline XXL Pro Extensions Mascara.
 *I also curl my lashes beforehand (my favorite lash curler is the NYC Lash Curler, cheap AND comes with a replacement cushion) and I also comb through my lashes with a lash comb to avoid clumps, also beforehand.

Finished Result!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Now on to my mascara tip!
I mentioned earlier that the third mascara I use in this "routine" is waterproof and I absolutely DESPISE waterproof mascara. It's a pain in the butt to get off! Here's a trick that I do that I'm not sure if many people know about and I do it every time I use this mascara the way I explained earlier. Here's how!
If you have a mascara you love, but don't use that often because it's waterproof,
layer on a different, non-waterproof mascara first, then apply the waterproof mascara over the top of that. This gives allows you to wear the mascara and experience the benefits of it being waterproof (lasting all day, cry-proof, sweat-proof, etc.), but here's the thing: it's on top of a NON waterproof mascara, so when you go to take it off, your mascara will slide right off since the waterproof formula wasn't applied to your bare lashes, the first mascara was.
The non-waterproof mascara is sort of forming a "barrier" between your lashes and the waterproof mascara, which is why it will come off so easily. This will save you time, frustration, and even money if you're like me and accidentally picked up a waterproof mascara!

I hope this tip helped you and I definitely recommend trying out Revlon PhotoReady 3D Volume and Loreal Telescopic!


Do you have a favorite mascara combo? Let me know!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...