Saturday, April 7, 2012

China Glaze Luxe and Lush Nail Polish!

In March, China Glaze released a collection inspired by The Hunger Games called the 'Capitol Colors' collection'. It consisted of 12 colors, but Luxe and Lush was the one that really stood out to me. In fact, it was the only one that stood out. The collection didn't really excite me the way I wanted it to and I kind of wish the collection would have been themed after the actual 'Hunger Games' and not just the capitol. The names didn't really seem like they pertained to anything that happened in the book either. I really hoped there would be a shade called 'Girl on Fire', which they could have easily exchanged for 'Riveting', which was a fiery orange that was in the collection. I would have beeen ecstatic if there was a nice gold polish named 'Cinna' too (like his gold eyeliner)! But there was nothing of the sort, so I ended up picking up only Luxe and Lush.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(Photo Cred: chinaglaze.com)
(I want to mention that this picture gives the polishes A LOT of justice, they all don't look this good in the swatches I've seen or I woulda bought the whole collection!)


Luxe and Lush is a clear based nail polish, with what seems to be these oddly shaped pieces of glitter that reflect red and green. It truly looks like there are shards of glass on your fingernails. I also love the fact that it reflects red and green. Makes me think of the 'Girl on Fire' and the grassy terrain that the arena had.
Here's some photos of how I first wore the nail polish. For some reason, I thought it would look amazing over a nude nail polish. I used 'Nude' by Love and Beauty and I also used their topcoat, which is pretty good I might add.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Unfortunately, I couldn't accurately photograph the way the actual shards of glitter look in real life because glitter is so hard to capture on camera, but this polish is truly amazing and it's probably the coolest nail polish I own. I've wanted to put this on every polish I've worn since I got it! I tried it over a nude, a light purple, and pastel blue so far. I love it over pastel blue! It looks sooo good. This would also look amazing over darker colors and I can't wait to try this over a dark navy blue polish.

Just for fun, here are some other Hunger Games inspired photos!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Yes, while going through my Hunger Games obsession I HAD to have this sweater! I know I'm a dork, but I just think it's so cute and it's also super comfy just to wear around the house :)

Speaking of Hunger Games, have any of you seen the movie?! If so, how did you like it? Personally, I loved it. I feel like it followed the book SO accurately, which is something that book into movie adaptions seem to lack (HARRY POTTER, IM TALKING ABOUT YOU!) The only thing I found disapointing was the end. They completely left out that whole scene where Peeta asks Katniss if everything she did was for the Games or real. Even though I hated that part in the book because I am so in love with Peeta and Katniss' relationship and can't bare the thought of them being apart 'cuz they're just so stinkin' cute together, I think it's crucial to the storyline. How else were you supposed to know about all her doubts and fears?!
Anyways, I'll end that rant.
I hope you all enjoyed this post!
I definitely recommend getting this polish before it's too late!
I also am thinking about picking up Fast Track, which by the swatches I've seen looks to be a nice light brown that reflects gold glitter. Click here to see a beautiful swatch of it by VampyVarnish.

What are your thoughts on this collection? Have you tried any of the polishes?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...