Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November Favorites!

Hey everyone! This is my favorite products for the month of November. I can't believe how fast this year has gone by! I literally feel like it was January, yesterday. 
ANYWAYS! This month I've been wearing very minimal makeup to accommodate being super tired and busy all of the time, so my favorites are kinda limited this month. Regardless, I hope you all enjoy and had a great month :)




MAC Mineralized Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle: Now that we're getting into the colder months, my summer glow is almost completely gone and my skin starts to look dull. Highlighting my skin makes it looks so much better. This is one I've been reaching for a lot. It's a nice champagne highlight and it gives a very subtle sheen, so it's great for everyday use.

MAC Lipstick in Hue: I had to depot this lipstick after it broke, so excuse it's new home in an empty Bare Minerals Container ;) This is a nice light pink lipstick and I absolutely love the color, but I always strayed away from it because it accentuated chapped lips like no other. I rediscovered this and (by making sure my lips are completely exfoliated), it has become my everyday lip color. 


NYX Powder Blush in Pinky: When I first got this blush, I thought it was way too bright and never really used it for that reason. I also rediscovered this product this month and have been using it very frequently. Instead of being a bright pink stand out blush, it actually just gives a nice pink glow. 

MAC Lipglass in Oyster Girl: I am not a fan of MAC's lipglasses. I absolutely despise sticky lipglosses and they are just that. Though I cannot wear this alone, this lipgloss looks fabulous over Hue because it is also a nice light pink. It also has a nice golden sheen which goes great with Hue as well. Definitely my favorite lip combo of the month :)


Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes: I never really got into the original Great Lash hype. I feel like it does nothing for my lashes, but this one struck my interest with the brush. It's something I've never seen and it looks so cool. I actually really like this mascara. I find that it holds a curl really well and makes my lashes length and volume. One huge downside is that it does flake off throughout the day and I end up with little black flakes on my face. But I love it enough to deal :)


ELF Liquid Eyeliner in Black: This is included in my favorites, not so much for the product but for the technique it's been used for a lot this past month. I've never been able to use liquid liner without either getting all over my eyelid and ruining my makeup or getting inside my eye. Bad situation.. So that's why I love gel/cream liners. But lately, I've been trying to get rid of some old gel liners before buying a new one because I had so many adding up that weren't used. But the reason they weren't used, was because they weren't as black and opaque as I'd like. To fix this problem, I've come up with a technique that gives me the convenience and simplicity of using gel liner, but with the look of liquid liner.
First I use whatever gel liner, line my upper lashline and do my wing, then I take my eyeliner brush, touch it to the tip of this liquid liner brush, and then trace over the line and wing I made with the gel liner. Doing this also makes the wing more sharp at the tip, which I like.

(finished look)

(left to right) MAC Hue, MAC Oyster Girl, Oyster Girl overtop of Hue

(l to r) MAC Soft and Gentle, NYX Pinky, ELF Black Liquid Liner



What were your favorite products this month? Let me know in the comments below! 
xoxo.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...